When you're onboard, the right look will vary by venue. But here are a few types of suggested attire that you'll see, grouped by item.
- Casual: You're on holiday – relax! Jeans, polo shirts, sundresses and blouses are all the right amount of laid back. Please keep swimwear to the Pool Deck. Shorts are welcome for breakfast and lunch.
- Smart Casual: Think of this as a step up from your typical dinner wear. Dress to impress with collared shirts, dresses, skirts and blouses, or trouser-suits. Jackets, sports coats and blazers are snazzy and welcomed.
- Formal: Make it a night out in your best black-tie look – suits and ties, dinner jackets, cocktail dresses or evening gowns. There can be 1 to 3 formal nights during a sailing and is at the ship's discretion.
- 3/4/5 night cruises – usually on Day 2
- 6 night cruises – usually on days 2 and 5
- 7 night cruises – usually on days 2 and 6
- Oasis and Allure use days 2 and 5 on Western itineraries and days 2 and 6 on Eastern itineraries.
- For longer cruises – Click Here
- Formal Night will not be offered on any of the currently scheduled Empress of the Seas sailings.
Please note that bare feet are not allowed at any time in any venue and vest tops are not permitted in the Main Dining Room or Speciality Dining venues for dinner.