Embrace the rich culture of the M?ori and the history and authenticity of the coastal Bay of Plenty. Your tour takes you to the historical seaside village of Maketu where you can admire views of the Bay of Plenty from your guide?s private home. Continue to the iconic Kiwi 360 to understand the origins of the Bay of Plenty name, meet the family owners and explore the orchard on a hosted tour that includes delicious tastings and shopping.
• Bay of Plenty: View the original landing site of M?ori migratory canoes 700 years ago and where Capitan Cook sailed past in 1769
• Kiwi samples: Delight in delicious tastings of kiwi, which is considered the world?s healthiest fruit.
• Refreshments and snacks: Sip an afternoon tea, coffee, kiwi juice or water and try freshly baked scones with kiwi jam.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit card
What To Wear:
• Walking Shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• There is minimal walking over flat surfaces.
• Guests climb four stairs from the shop to the restaurant.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with mobility issues should not select this tour.
• A $6 per person holiday surcharge is applied for New Zealand public holidays.