Enjoy a fun-filled day during an educational tour of the working fruit orchards of Kiwifruit Country and the historic mission house. Sample the orchard’s delicious fruit before setting off to the Elms Mission Station passing the "Te Awanui" Maori war canoe along the way. Built in 1847 this restored historic house includes a handsome library, chapel and beautiful garden. Learn about its involvement in the famous Battle of Gate Pa during the guided tour.
• Kiwifruit Country: Take a fun, interesting and delicious tour through a working kiwifruit orchard.
• Elms Mission Station: Enjoy a guided tour through the historic Mission House.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Australian currency for shopping
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light clothing
• There is minimal walking over flat surfaces with 4 stairs.
• Walking from the shop to the restaurant is approximately 300 yards.