Let the Ancient Mayan Ruins of San Gervasio introduce you to the Mayan civilization. Follow a guide as they walk you through the largest and most significant Mayan settlement in Cozumel. You'll learn about the deity Ix Chel–goddess of fertility and health–and see remnants of the site’s temple and sculptures, along with ruins of nine other buildings. Next, stop by El Mirador, a rocky formation carved out by the ocean’s tide. Continue your journey to the Mayan Cacao Company where you'll learn about the history of chocolate, its manufacturing process, and participate in a demonstration and tasting.
• San Gervasio: See the largest and most significant Mayan settlements on the Island of Cozumel.
• El Mirador: View a rocky formation carved out by the ocean, admire the turquoise waters, and take a commemorative photo.
• Mayan Cacao Company: Learn about chocolate, its origins, and take part in a demonstration and tasting.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Flash bulbs, tripods, and professional video equipment are prohibited at the archeological site. Guests taking videos in any format (video cameras, cell phones, tablets, etc.) will be charged government fee of approximately $8-$10 USD payable in cash at site.<