Royal Caribbean’s 'My Big List' Competition Terms & Conditions
This below sets out the terms of participation (‘the Terms and Conditions’) in Royal Caribbean’s My Big List Competition (‘the Competition’):
1. The promoters (‘the Promoters’) of this Competition are RCL Cruises Ltd (ABN 33 133 829 302) Level 12, 157 Walker Street, North Sydney, NSW, 2060.
2. Each entry to the Competition must be in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each eligible entrant (‘the Entrant’) agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoters may at their discretion refuse to award any prize to any Entrant or Voter who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant instructions on the Promoters’ website (if any) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
3. The Promoter has the right to disqualify any Entrant that it deems to have cheated or not complied with the Terms and Conditions.
4. The Promoter’s decision on anything relating to the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entry to the Competition is open to residents of Australia and New Zealand, who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Employees and affiliations (including trade partners) of Promoter and their immediate families and members of the same household (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter the Promotion. An Entrant can enter online at www.mybiglist.com.au (‘the Website’). An Entrant who resides anywhere other than Australia or New Zealand can still participate via the Website but they will not be entered into the Competition.
5. Entry to the Competition is free.
6. The Competition is not open to: a. a person who is an employee, officer, servant or contractor of the Promoter or any organisation associated with the Competition or provision of the prize, or their related bodies corporate or associates or any of their agencies involved with the Competition; b. the natural or adopted child, or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph a.; c. a person who is not resident in one of the countries listed in clause 4; d. a person who refuses to comply with or breaches any term of these Terms and Conditions.
7. The Competition commences at 9.00am AEDT on 18 December 2015 and closes at 11.59pm AEDT on 29 January 2016 (‘the Promotion Period’). Any entry received after expiration of the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
9. To enter, Entrants must complete the 3 steps as outlined on the Website. Step 1: Entrants must select 5 Royal Caribbean activities from the options available on the Website. Step 2: The Entrant must then enter 5 additional activities or experiences to complete their ‘Big List.’ Step 3: Entrants must also enter their personal details including First Name, Last Name, Email and Postcode. Entries not including all required information will be deemed ineligible. The Entrant is limited to one entry. Entries will be judged based on creativity and originality in Step 2 of the entry process.
10. The Website will generate a cruise recommendation based on the Entrants’ selections in Step 1 of the entry process. This cruise is to be used as a guide only and does not reflect the Prize of the Competition and may not offer the same activities or venues onboard. Refer to clause 18 for more details on the Prize.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for tampering with the entry process. The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
12. The additional activities or experiences which any Entrant submits to the Website must not contain any inappropriate material including but not limited to inappropriate language, any violence, sexual references or statements that promote hatred towards an individual, race, or community.
13. The Promoter has the right to withhold any entries deemed to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter also reserves the right to disallow any entry without further explanation.
14. All entries to the Promotion may be subject to verification and confirmation by the Promoter. An Entrant MUST deliver to the Promoter (by a means determined by the Promoter) copies of any documents the Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter or win, including evidence of residence and identity. The Promoter may make one or more requests for such documents. Once the identity of documents available is established, an Entrant or Voter must deliver requested copies within 7 days of being asked to do so. At the Promoter's request, an Entrant MUST also, within 7 days of being asked, allow the Promoter to inspect and copy the original of any such document.
15. By submitting an entry to the Promoters, the Entrant grants the Promoters and their licensees and assignees a non-exclusive licence to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in relation to the content and all other material provided to the Promoters pursuant to this Competition at any time.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to display, promote or use for marketing or any other purpose any entry in the Competition without regards to the comparative exposure of the entry in relation to any other entry.
17. Without limiting the rights granted to the Promoters under clause 14, the Entrant acknowledges that the Promoters may exercise the non-exclusive right throughout the world to communicate the entry in whole or in part to the public on any media platform. 18. The Participants acknowledge that their entry may be edited or adapted at any time by the Promoters for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to : (i) ensure it meets any legal or classification requirements or to avoid any breach of law; (ii) use for promotional purposes; and/or (iii) use on other media platforms.
The Prize 18. The Promoter will determine the Winner of the Prize at the end of the Competition. The decision will take place on Monday, 1 February 2016 at 3pm (AEDT) at Level 10, 157 Walker Street, North Sydney, NSW, 2060. The winning entry will win a 15 night New Zealand cruise for two (2) onboard Ovation of the Seas in an Oceanview or above stateroom, departing Sydney on 15 December 2016. The Winner has three (3) days to claim the prize. The Winner will be notified via email and announced on Royal Caribbean AUNZ social media pages. Prize does not include airfares to/from the cruise’s embarkation and/or disembarkation port, is subject to availability, and has a recommended retail value of up to AU$6030.60 (cruise only). Flights, transfers and pre/post-cruise hotel accommodation are not included. Personal purchases on board the ship (e.g. beverages, spa, shopping) are at the Winner’s expense. The cruise is valid for two (2) passengers and no additional passengers are permitted to share the cabin. The prize is not transferrable and may not be given, bartered, sold, or exchanged for cash or for another prize, except at the Promoter’s sole discretion due to prize unavailability for any reason and then only for a prize of equal or greater value, cruise or date than those listed above and no upgrades are permitted. The prize winner will be subject to the booking terms and conditions as outlined here. If the Prize remains unclaimed or is forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise, the Promoter will select another Entrant, as required, at the same time and place as the original decision on Thursday, 4 February 2016.
19. The winner agrees to the use of their name, image and entries for publicity and promotional purposes, without payment.
20. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned (whether caused by infection by computer virus, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Competition ), the Promoters reserve the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify and or suspend the Competition . The Promoters may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
21. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoters’ database. The Promoter is not responsible in any way whatsoever for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information either caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated or utilised in this Competition, or by any technical errors that may occur in the course of administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
22. The Promoter collects information about Entrants to include them in the Competition and where appropriate, to award prizes and may also use the information to assist it in improving its goods and services and to contact Entrants, including by electronic communication methods (including email and social media) in the future with special offers and relevant communication. The Promoter will not share Entrant information with any third parties.